Can you volunteer some of your time on the weekend?
Each year our festival is a success thanks to the many parents and friends who volunteer. Every bit of help counts and will be needed across a range of areas. Opportunities are now open for this year’s Festival and we’d love you to sign up for one or many sessions! Information on what is involved with each position can be found below. All areas are supervised by a Festival Coordinator and no previous experience is required.
Choose your times
To nominate for your time choose your preferred days, click on the link then choose which sessions you’d like to sign up for:
The Festival officially runs from 7pm on Friday night then 10am to 4pm Saturday and Sunday. However as you can imagine there is plenty of effort involved in getting everything ready (and feeding the hungry workers!) and packing away. There is lots of variety in times and tasks so there is sure to be something for everyone to get involved with.
You will need to provide a Working With Children number (available here and free for volunteers) as well as your phone number and email so we can keep in touch prior to the event. These details will be deleted shortly after the Festival and will not be used for any other purpose or provided to others.
For enquiries, contact us at email@example.com
What’s involved with each position:
- Setup Wednesday – collecting of art work from artists, allocating artwork to screens and updating website, cleaning of hall and screens, moving artwork around the hall to be hung, setting up sales office which includes printer and technical devices, folding artwork labels and matching them to the hung artwork, opening night set up, signage
- Setup Thursday – hanging of artwork and generally assisting the Art Team
- Setup Saturday – setting up hall and getting organised
- All other times – walking the floor, responding to art queries and sales and generally assisting the Art Team
Sales and service of the goods on offer, clearing tables, topping up displayed food
Taking orders from customers, taking payment, preparing orders and serving, cooking on bbq
Help customers choose their pieces and give guidance on how to complete, clean area as needed
Flavours of Asia
- Sales/Service – taking orders from customers, taking payment, preparing orders and serving
- Cooking – prepare dishes
Taking orders from customers, taking payment, preparing orders and serving
Various activities as we get the school ready for the weekend, may include some lifting
Help take participants through the activities
Sell tickets on the day, answer questions and fold stubs into draw container
Sell all day and single ride passes
Help people make bids on items, handing out items to successful bidders on Sunday afternoon
Take money for turns, spin the wheel and hand out prizes
- MC – announce acts, thank sponsors and make other announcements as required (wording will be provided but must enjoy engaging crowd)
- Coordination – organise acts to be ready prior to their turn (run sheet provided), help acts get on/off stage and connect up to PA, will include lifting of light items such as chairs and mic stands
Trash and Treasure
- Setup (Friday) – moving all the donations from storage to stall area, some heavy lifting required
- Stall (Sat/Sun) – selling items to customers, answering questions, rearranging stock as required