Can you volunteer some of your valuable time?
We’re looking for volunteers to help us cover the festival weekend. If you can spare a few hours of your time, please volunteer to make this year’s Community Festival a big success.
This year we have volunteering opportunities for Year 5 & 6 kids, as well as for parents and family members.
If you have any questions please email Ashley at email@example.com
Information about the Festival roles
Following is more information on each of the volunteer positions. All areas are supervised by a Festival Coordinator and no previous experience is required. You are welcome to take as many shifts as you would like. If you have any questions please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Roles on food stalls will involve cooking (BBQ and FoA) OR sales and service (taking orders and payment, preparing and serving customers)
Festival food stalls include:
- Bubble Tea
- Cake Stall
- Flavours of Asia (FoA)
Here is a high-level overview of what you can expect when volunteering at one of our activity areas:
- Art – engaging with visitors, assisting with sales
- Plaster Funhouse – helping with selection and painting, taking payments
- Outdoor Entertainment
- Stage – running the PA and audio system, helping acts connect to PA, moving mics
- MC – announcing acts, making other announcements (wording provided but must enjoy engaging crowd)
- Coordination – organising acts to be ready prior to their turn (run sheet provided), helping acts get on/off stage
- Outdoor Games – taking participants through the activities
- Raffle Tickets – selling tickets, folding stubs into draw container
- Silent Auction – helping people bid on items, taking payments and handing out items to successful bidders on Sunday afternoon
- Sugar Rush – taking money for turns, spinning wheel and handing out prizes
- Trash and Treasure – selling items to customers, answering questions, rearranging stock as required
General Setup/pack down:
Various activities as we get the school ready for the weekend and pack up at the end, may include some lifting.